Tappers Cafe @ Berjaya Time Square

Dine in Date: 23rd November 2014

Tappers cafe is nothing new, I had tried it in the same outlet about a year ago but I haven't started this blog yet.

I was thinking hard where to have my lunch as I do not feel like eating the same thing again, so I decided to give this one another chance. I mentioned "chance" because I did not have a good impression for this cafe after my first attempt.

Frankly speaking, I was quite disappointed for my first time experience about a year ago. I remember I order Fish & Chip that time, as I'm usually a big fan of Fish & Chip, so I was expecting quite some quality in this. When the dish came to me, I wasn't expecting something good because it looks too plain. The french fries are tasteless and it's like Carefour quality. The fish fillet is also like from Carefour, the outer skin are too deep fried so the fried skin is more than the meat. And I don't really taste the fish meat because the taste is too plain and texture is not really good. I forgotten about how the salad taste like, but in overall it's not a good experience that time. This dish cost about RM15 if I'm not mistaken.

One of my friend order a Caesar salad that cost about RM12++. He commented that the taste is totally weird when he first bite on the vege with the cheese dusting on it.

They have a set lunch that include a meal and a drinks There are a range of dishes for you to choose. Range from local cuisine, sandwiches, burger, and western dishes. This time, I decided to give their signature Spaghetti Carbonara a try. The cafe does not has many customers that time, and there are two waiters facing their back at me talking to each other. I shouted twice "Excuse me" when the two waiters are just three feets away from me but they didn't hear me, just talking to each other. That's make me a little frustrating but I don't want to keep waiting, so I just walked to them and give them my order. Without a long wait, the lime juice that I order has reach to me. And about 5 minutes later, this is the Carbonara:



As you can see, the portion is quite a lot. And the taste is quite good as the sauce is not too much and too full of the creamy taste. The bacon strip and mushroom also has a good portion as it's not too little so the overall taste is nice. When I ad finish with the dish, I don't feel too full of the creamy source so I consider this one is quite good in terms of taste and the portion for overall.

The lime juice taste good, as it does not taste too sour or taste too plain.

After taking these two dishes, I'm feeling a bit full. The original price is RM14.30 for this set, after adding the tax it's around RM15.25.

Although I had some not-so-good experience in this cafe, but I might give it another try next time for other dishes, as long as not the FIsh & Chip, salad, or probably the burger.

Rating

Quality: Okay
Portion: Good
Service: Okay
Cost-Worthy: Somehow-Worthy
Environment: Good


Facebook Page: Tappers Cafe
3rd Floor, Central Zone,
Berjaya Times Square, 1,
Jalan Imbi, Kuala Lumpur,
Bukit Bintang, 55100

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Latest Feeling

1) Need a break from food blogging. Focus on other life matters
2) Personal Life? Working Life? Are they two life or one life? Hmm...

Blog That I Follow

  • Newly open, yes.New jap at Ampang. Green house by muir, never thought it's a Japanese concept all in one : Bakery, grocery, cafe and even Japanese cuisine...
  • Juneau Alaska, has a safe, walkable downtown and welcoming locals, making it a must-visit destination for solo travelers.
  • 清邁是個相當悠閒舒服的旅遊地點,是個有濃濃文藝氣息的古城,有許多挺有特色的咖啡館,街道旁小店外都有些有情調的小裝飾,個性的壁畫,美麗的掛飾,有格調的木雕。照常理來說,喜歡扮假文青的我應該會很喜歡清邁,可是我卻無法釐清自己對清邁那種複雜的感覺。 我並沒有太喜歡清邁。 一早起來,早餐當然是去我最愛的傳統...