Texas Chicken @ Jln Sultan Ismail

Dine in Date: 2nd November 2014

A new outlet of Texas Chicken has finally open in Mid Valley. But I got no chance to try it yet with my dear dear because the line is too long every time I pass by there. But since I only get the chance to pass by there during my lunch hour and after work, so no choice.

Texas Chicken around Jalan Sultan Ismail also the same I guess. If you get down from Bukit Bintang Monorail, you will see McDonald on the other side. Texas Chicken is the opposite of McDonald. You can cross the road to the direction where you see H&M on the other side of the road, then go to your left and cross the road again. Walk a few more step and you will see it on your right. It's before Maybank.

This is not my first time dining in here. My first experience was with my friends, they recommend it because it's much better than KFC (Sorry to compare with KFC but couldn't help because too much of similarities).

Basically, the menu is quite the same with KFC at the basic level. You get to choose two piece chicken plate or three piece chicken plate, both with sets and comes with smashed potato, salad, and a soft drinks. They also have burger but not really attracting me. I didn't study through their menu, but from what I see, Texas Chicken has the same thing as KFC. But the best thing is, drinks are free refill! You get to choose coke, coke light, Fanta grape, lemon tea, and few more drinks. The only sad thing is the drinking machine is at the bottom floor, so if you sit at the second floor, it's a bit troublesome if you want a refill. And the stair is a little narrow.

So here it is, I order the usual two pieces chicken plate. I was a little hungry so I order nugget as well.

No doubt, it's basically the same as KFC's snack plate.

While eating the chicken, I feel a little different, something good. Then I realize why later. It's because the chewing feeling give me a good feel because it has been long time since I eat fried chicken and I'm able to chew on chicken meat rather than eating only the fried & crunchy skin without much chicken meat. The two pieces of chicken meat is quite huge. The skin is not over fried, so it is crunchy but the skin won't cover too much of the entire pieces. So it's good to have a taste of the fried skin with the soft chewy chicken meat. I order spicy, but it's not too spicy. Guess this is too suit the foreigner taste.

Instead of butter scorch bread, their butter bread is the best bread in all fast food restaurant I tasted so far. My friend said that, if you take a bite on the bread, you feel like you are in Hawaii~....... Nope, not to that extent. The bread is crunchy in the center, and cover with a layer of butter with some sugar. It's small but really enjoyable, great for appetizer too. You can't find it in this pic because I swallow too fast before I remember I need to take pic.......

The smashed potato is just fine. The gravy has much more taste in it. And the smashed potato is more muddy, so it's easier to merge with the gravy. Although I personally prefer the smashed potato not too soft like this, but not a bad taste if you like the combine the taste of gravy with the smashed potato.

The salad taste the same as the salad from KFC. Just that they are using a different type of green vegie. I can't really tell since it's all covered in mayo and stuff. Probably lettuce. Kinda feel like the mayo is a bit weird, but still eatable.

Lastly, for the nugget, it's only six pieces, but quite full after the two pieces chicken plate. The original taste of the nugget is really nice. I can taste the juicy chicken meat in it. And it's quite big. The creamy jalapeno add another great taste to the nugget. So taking the nugget with or without the jalapeno sauce also give a great pleasure. Just not advisable if you are taking nugget as appetizer or dessert. On side note, you can have nugget combo with drinks too.

For the two pieces chicken plate, it cost RM11.35, and the six pieces nugget is RM6.90.

If you are looking fried chicken with great taste and pleasure, Texas Chicken can be a good meal if you don't mind the price.

Rating

Quality: Good
Portion: Good
Service: Fine
Cost-Worthy: Somehow-Worthy
Environment: Fine


Location

Texas Chicken Malaysia Website: http://www.texaschickenmalaysia.com/
Texas Chicken Malaysia Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/TexasChickenMalaysia
Jalan Sultan Ismail
Lot 44-4 Jalan Sultan Ismail, Bukit Bintang,
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Sun-Mon: 10.00am to 1.00am
Tel: 03-21411566

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Latest Feeling

1) Need a break from food blogging. Focus on other life matters
2) Personal Life? Working Life? Are they two life or one life? Hmm...

Blog That I Follow

  • Newly open, yes.New jap at Ampang. Green house by muir, never thought it's a Japanese concept all in one : Bakery, grocery, cafe and even Japanese cuisine...
  • This Paris solo travel guide was written by Kristin Lee. Originally from a small town in Southern California, she has lived in the ever-charming French cap...
  • 清邁是個相當悠閒舒服的旅遊地點,是個有濃濃文藝氣息的古城,有許多挺有特色的咖啡館,街道旁小店外都有些有情調的小裝飾,個性的壁畫,美麗的掛飾,有格調的木雕。照常理來說,喜歡扮假文青的我應該會很喜歡清邁,可是我卻無法釐清自己對清邁那種複雜的感覺。 我並沒有太喜歡清邁。 一早起來,早餐當然是去我最愛的傳統...