Uncle Tetsu Cheesecake @ 1Utama

Dine in Date: 6th December 2014

Today, I decided to give Uncle Tetsu Cheesecake a visit due to the massive queue, great internet review, great fame of Uncle Tetsu, and more important, my darling really wonder how good it could be since so many people willing to get into a long queue for it.


I reach there near to 12pm. There are not more than 10 people in front of me, which is consider quite lucky because I saw the queue can go on quite long. If I reach later or it so happen there are more people queue up, I might need to wait a few hours.

As I heard my darling saying last week one of the guy in the stall (which I don't know who) told her that weekend is only for customers who made reservation, which gave us the impression that we couldn't make any order during weekend. This is why when I reach the Uncle Tetsu place, I call for one of the girl working in the stall and ask her a silly question: "How do I take the order?". She seems quite surprise and not sure how to answer my question. She just tell me I just need to queue up, wait for my turn to take the cake, and make the payment. I ask about how to reserve, she just tell me that weekend can't make reservation. I found out me and her kind of off channel... I just go queue up anyway.

As I thought, it's gonna take some time. The people in the line are either looking at their phone or talking to someone around them. I knew I have to wait, so I brought novel with me. End up I'm the only one reading novel while waiting. So before you get the idea to queue up for Uncle Tetsu, make sure you have your phone battery fully charged or bring a book with you.

By 12.35pm, I got the cake when I thought they have no more and I gotta to wait for the next batch. Fortunately that I'm the last one or two customer for that particular batch. And here it is, Uncle Tetsu Cheesecake and I also grabbed one of their Cheese sticks.
As described about Uncle Tetsu Cheesecake from their site, the premium ingredient to make this cheesecake is imported from Australia which there is no doubt, I'm biting at the cheesecake now and all I can say is soft, fluffy, and melt in the mouth experience where I can slowly taste the smoothness of the cheesecake while it melting. I swear I can finish the entire cake by myself if I have a cup of coffee with me, and probably I can plan a day for that.

And next is the strawberry cheese sticks, which I don't really sure what it is before I grabbed it. Just thinking I can try out their other product since I'm there.


Unfortunately, I didn't get a taste of it around the time I got it. My darling say it's super crunchy and tasty. Although the strawberry taste is not really there, but the cheese itself is quite good. I just taken a bite... now it became quite soft, but it's true that the strawberry taste is not really there.

On side notice, their cheesecake is limited to one customer only, which means you can't buy a few cheesecakes at one time because they are only producing 10 to 12 pieces of cheesecake at one time. Each cheesecake cost RM19.90 which I consider quite worthy as usually cheesecake cost around this price. And the cheese sticks cost RM7.90.

Oh and by the way, today is also a big success for me because I told my darling that I will be going to 1Utama to meet friends, but I'm actually attempt to get Uncle Tetsu cheesecake and go to her house after that to give her this surprise. She was quite touched and did not expect that I would queue up for it just because she mentioned she want to try it, while I kind of wondering what so great about it that time. But well, now I know.

Location

Uncle Tetsu Cheesecake: Web Site
Uncle Tetsu Cheesecake Facebook: Facebook Page
Lot LG-K2A,
1, Lebuh Bandar Utama, Bandar Utama City Centre,
Bandar Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Latest Feeling

1) Need a break from food blogging. Focus on other life matters
2) Personal Life? Working Life? Are they two life or one life? Hmm...

Blog That I Follow

  • Newly open, yes.New jap at Ampang. Green house by muir, never thought it's a Japanese concept all in one : Bakery, grocery, cafe and even Japanese cuisine...
  • This Paris solo travel guide was written by Kristin Lee. Originally from a small town in Southern California, she has lived in the ever-charming French cap...
  • 清邁是個相當悠閒舒服的旅遊地點,是個有濃濃文藝氣息的古城,有許多挺有特色的咖啡館,街道旁小店外都有些有情調的小裝飾,個性的壁畫,美麗的掛飾,有格調的木雕。照常理來說,喜歡扮假文青的我應該會很喜歡清邁,可是我卻無法釐清自己對清邁那種複雜的感覺。 我並沒有太喜歡清邁。 一早起來,早餐當然是去我最愛的傳統...